From the Chilton Chamber President
Dear Members of the Chilton Chamber of Commerce:
As I begin my second term as the incoming president of the Chilton Chamber of Commerce, I’d like to start out by taking a look at how very blessed we are to be living and working here in Chilton. In a year with continued uncertainty and challenges in a nation that seems unnecessarily divided it can be easy to focus on the negative and what’s wrong. But let’s start out by looking at what’s right in our community:
- We have a vibrant local economy with more jobs than people to fill them
- Excellent educational systems and facilities
- Thriving faith communities
- Superior medical care with a hospital, supporting caring doctors, nurses, and a critical care unit right in our small community
- Local farmers able to produce far more than we need who can help feed the world
- Civic groups volunteering time and energy to make Chilton a better place to live
- Efficient utility, police and fire department keeping us all safe to where many do not even lock their doors
- Abundant natural resources for hiking, biking, fishing, snowmobiling, hunting or just enjoying the outdoors
- Beerfest! – enough said
- Generous local citizens and businesses who again and again step up when there is a need in the community
When I graduated from UW-Oshkosh I thought I would never return to a community so close to home. But as a career and other travel took me all over the United States and beyond, I came to realize that life right here in Calumet County made for a beautiful place to live, to work and to raise a family. And here I returned and have never regretted that decision. It’s pleasant to live in a community where residents are on a first name basis with many of the merchants in town, to know their children and as we grow older their children’s children. The Chilton community has always supported our local businesses not only allowing them to survive, but to thrive.
The Chilton Chamber of Commerce ties them all together and provides many opportunities to share in work, play, and make us all stronger including:
- Ambassadors Club is a way that we recognize new businesses and existing businesses that have made substantial positive improvements to their business.
- Summer Festival and Father’s Day Parade is held every summer and brings thou-sands of people to the streets of Chilton for a weekend of family fun!
- Christmas Parade of Lights is held annually and is a great to way to kick off the Holiday Season.
- Crafty Apple Fest is the largest and best organized craft fair in the area bringing in over 140 vendors and thousands of shoppers to the streets of Chilton.
- CHS Scholarship Evening – Every year since 1961 local Chilton Businesses have presented scholarships to Chilton High School’s best and brightest Seniors.
- Retail Promotions – The Chamber promotes multiple retail events each year including Summer Crazy Daze and our “Christmas on Us” promotion. Each promotion is designed to encourage customers to “Shop Locally” while offering specific benefits for doing so.
- Distinguished Citizen of the Year – Each year since 1949 the Chilton Chamber of Commerce has recognized and honored a Chilton resident for their service and devotion to our community.
- Chamber of Commerce Community Directory is a hard copy comprehensive listing and summary of local businesses, Civic Groups, Schools, and Churches. It is a great tool to allow people to become familiar with our wonderful city. This is a great compliment to the Website to inform people who we are and what we have to offer as a community.
I am very proud and honored to be your 2022 Chamber president. Please feel free to contact any one of us with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to a great year in 2022.
2022 Chamber President